Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Craziness... with a side of Peace

Where does the time go? It's already March? So, like a lot of women in their early 30's, my life is pretty typical... CRAZY! Trying to manage keeping my cool (and my brain) amongst the cleaning, work prep, diaper changing, breakfast, lunch and dinner making, keeping a toddler content, happy and busy, and a bit of unexpected nausea, as in at any moment's notice (thank you second baby!) Before you get all judgey about this being another blog from an ungrateful part-time stay-at-home mom, don't get me wrong. I love my life! I love my husband, I love my busy 2 year-old, and the little flutters inside my stomach make me giddy.

 Just a little glimpse into our lives, which I've probably already written somewhere (just call it baby brain)... we bought a condo in September. So blessed, but with that, comes more financial responsibility. So trying to live the lifestyle that we want, while being able to still raise our child/children, both my hubby and I have taken on a few extra jobs. I work 2 days a week as a homeschool co-op teacher (best job ever), and have been subbing a bit more at two different schools, and sewing and creating baby blankets and making other creations to sell. My hubby is working hard at work, picking up a few football camps and training sessions on the side, which keeps him away from home more than we'd both like. And then, don't get me started on keeping our two year old happy!!! Actually, he is a crazy combination of busy and having an amazing attention span. He seriously could sit in front of the TV the whole day if I let him. (I don't, which then leads to some epic battles and heavy persuasion to go outside to ride his bike or scooter... And then he's all over the place! Running, jumping, climbing, throwing things, making messes, etc. He NEVER stops... unless a television is involved with Cars or Planes on!) Then add a pregnancy to the mix. We are so blessed beyond belief to have a healthy baby up to this point! For the most part, I haven't been too sick, but man, it has hit me pretty hard when it does! I'm finally getting a bit of my energy back.

Amongst the chaos, and break downs in communication and normal frustrations in all the hubbub of life, there remains a still small voice that reminds me... "I am here, I am listening, and I want to give you peace and rest.... Come find me." Unfortunately, I find Him and come to Him at "ungodly" hours of the night when I can't sleep. Even though there are times I wish I was sleeping instead of being awake at 2:30am, I do find peace and rest in Him. He is there, waiting for me to pick up the phone and invest in my relationship with Him. Although I should be dead tired, being awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night, wrestling my little guy into his carseat at 7am, and growing another human inside of me, I'm not. I have a renewed energy that only can come from my Jesus!

So, why am I writing this? To be an encouragement to all you working, part-time or full-time, or stay at home moms. Jesus is there in your chaos. He wants to carry your burdens, you just have to let him. Maybe you'll be smarter than me and take advantage of nap time or time after your little ones go to bed, but I pray you take that time to talk to Him, read,  journal, or do whatever you need to to connect with our Savior! He's waiting with your side of peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment