Monday, December 26, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Well, I guess it's been a month, so time for my monthly update. I really wish I had more time to update, but wait until you see all my fun projects I've been working on. Seriously, Christmas time makes me so happy. I love the music, the lights, the "ambiance." It's fun, romantic, and just plain HOLIDAY!!!! It's been busy, but I've loved every moment of it. It all began the day after Thanksgiving. It's a tradition to set up the Christmas tree and all the decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love it, and my husband even helped me this year. Then, I started the gifts.
This year, I made tile coasters with scrapbook paper, modge podge glue, clear spray paint, and felt.
First, you cut the scrapbook paper in 4"x4" squares. Then, paint a nice thick coat of modge podge on the tile coaster, then  lay the paper square out on the tile and be sure to push out all the air bubbles. Then slather on one more coat of modge podge over the whole tile. Once dry, spray a coat of clear spray paint. After it is dry, cut out 4 small circles of felt and hot glue onto bottom of the tile.

The second project was little while board picture frames with flowers on the them. I started with those clear plastic frames. I cut out a 4"x6" piece of lined paper and slid it into the frame. Then, I made some felt flowers and bows. I just hot glued them on the frame. Super easy and cute. I also made a few with simple Ikea black frames. Fun!

So, on to project three. I LOVE displaying Christmas cards. In the past I've just hung them on ribbons with clothes pins... totally cute, but my new way is this.
Soooo... these aren't nearly as cute without the cards (scroll down for finished product.) These are tomato cages bought at Lowes. I, then, tied the tops together to form a tree shape. Then, I made a cone (with wrapping paper) to fit over the top. The last thing was to make cute out a circle of wrapping paper and hot glue it to the bottom of the cage. Fun, and different way of displaying our friends and family.

Two more to now... take a white wire hanger and unshape it into a circle (this is going to form a wreath). Now, take a box of sandwich bags (the fold over kind) and start tying.


 After all the plastic bags are tied on, I hot glued ribbon, berries, and a poinsettia (but the flower fell off before the pic... oops!)
 Different, wintery wreath!

Ok... last one... one of my faves...
What I used: styrofoam cone, buttons, pearlized pins.
What I did... Pin buttons into the styrofoam cone, layering them as I went.
I LOVE Christmas! I had so much fun playing with all these projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment